Sunday, November 23, 2008

W.A. 3 -- Draft 1

Dear Tamora Pierce,
I wasn't drawn to your books by the covers, or because I liked fantasy--my brother pushed them on me. He was tired of me asking for a book to read, and so he gave me my Christmas present early. I read the first Alanna book in two hours. I couldn't put it down; she was the heroine I'd longed for. After The First Adventure , I read all of those books, followed by the Circle books, and then even Trickster's Choice/Queen. Your writing is incredible, in that you flow so easily from character descriptions to plot and back again. I love that your strongest characters are females (not enough writers are willing to take on the genre at all, let alone with independent and headstrong women). After the Trickster series, I got caught up in school work and lost a lot of free time, but I'm going to pick up where I left off with your books. They're incredible, wonderful, and inspiring to everyone who reads them.

Sincerely yours,
Amanda Roland.

1 comment:

Ms. Wiesner said...

Re-word this sentence, "He was tired of me asking for a book to read, and so he gave me my Christmas present early."

Give descriptions of this: "our writing is incredible, in that you flow so easily from character descriptions to plot and back again."

You say they're inspiring, but you don't say how they have inspired you. You need to add a lot of details to this piece.